RL1 Academy teachers will be creating approximately 30-45 minute videos that will be shared via the RL1 Academy platform.
Important Notes (PLEASE READ PRIOR TO RECORDING)
- Video Format: Videos should include both your slides and presenter video. An amazing tool to use for this is mmhmm. Please submit files in an .MP4 format. We are happy to help with any recording questions. Once your video is created, please upload it to either Google Drive or Dropbox and share it with RL1 Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Background: If your recording method allows, we would greatly appreciate it if you would download and use the RL1 Academy Virtual Background as your presenter background.
- Video Content: Please be sure that your recorded video captures both your screen as well as your presenter video. Here is a RL1 Academy example of a video using a picture-in-picture approach. If you need any help with this, please reach out and we will assist.
The following are some resources for creating your videos. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Tools and Resources for Video Creation (30-45 minutes)
- Here is a quick video how to
- Loom for Education allows up to 45 minutes of recording
- Screencastify (paid version)
- Screencast-O-Matic (paid version)
- OBS Studio
- OBS Studio is free and you can find a good blog post about how you can use it to create your videos at https://www.whiteboardblog.co.uk/2020/08/flip-your-classroom-with-open-broadcaster-software-studio/
- Zoom can record your presentation locally and you can find a few resources below to help get started:
- Google Meet (Enterprise only)
- Vimeo Record