Version 1.0 (Last Updated September 13, 2021)
If you do not want us to collect or use your information according to our Policy, please do not use the Services.
Below, you will find our Policy separated into sections describing all aspects of our data collection practices. The sections are:
- Consent to Data Collection
- What Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- Why We Collect and Use Your Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Data Transfers
- Your GDPR Rights Regarding Your Information
- Confidentiality and Security
- Third-Party Services
- Your California Rights
- We collect personal information in a few principal ways, including information you provide directly to Ready Learner One, information we gather from your use of our Services, and information we receive from third parties.
- We may share your information from time to time with third parties, including information necessary to provide you with our Services.
- You may request deletion, request a copy of, request rectification, restrict or object to processing, and request to transfer your data by emailing your request at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While it is not possible to guarantee that your information will remain entirely secure, we use commercially reasonable efforts to secure your information.
2. Consent to Data Collection
By using our Services, you consent to the collection of your personal information either by collecting the information directly from you or by our tracking technologies, like cookies. You also consent to Ready Learner One collecting and using your information as described in our Policy.
This website is not directed toward or intended for use by children or anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13.
By accessing and using our Services, you accept all terms and conditions set out in this Policy. Before using our Services, you should read the Policy in its entirety and return to this page periodically to review any changes. We may update this policy from time to time and by continuing to use our Services after such updates you consent to those changes.
3. What Information We Collect
The Types of Data We Collect
Personal Data. “Personal Data” is data that someone could use to individually identify or contact you. This includes information like your name, email address, telephone number, or address. It can also include non-public information of yours that is either associated with or linked to any of the data mentioned above. “Anonymous Data” is data that is neither associated with nor linked to your Personal Data. Anonymous Data on its own cannot identify you individually. Ready Learner One collects both Personal Data and Anonymous Data.
Account Information. When you sign up for an account, we collect certain information about you. This includes basic information such as your email address, name, phone number, and address. If you fill out any surveys through your account, we keep that information as well. We may also collect information about events you RSVP to and information about your interest in and use of various events, programs, services, and content you access through our Services.
Event Information. When you attend either in-person or virtual events through our Services we will document the event you attended, any surveys you filled out, or any purchases you make at the event. When you attend events, we may take an audio-visual recording of the presentation and share it through our digital channels. These recordings may include your name and likeness.
Device and Technical Information. When you access our Services through your computer or smartphone we collect information on the device you are using, including: your browser type, your operating system, your IP address, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, IDFA, MAC address, and unique device identifier. We also collect crash logs, reports on bugs, feedback on our services, support requests, and certain device usage information. You can deactivate cookies through your own browser settings. We also collect information from your device when you use our app, such as crash reports, bugs, and your activity within the app.
Financial Information. When you purchase a membership or a product from our Services, we save your purchase for internal audit purposes or to send you additional content and product offerings and collect your credit card information in order to complete your transaction. We do not retain the card information. It is given to our financial service provider for the sole purpose of completing the transaction.
Location Information. We may collect certain location information, such as country or address, when you either provide it to us directly, through device information, or other means. For instance, if you access our Services through your computer or mobile device, we may collect your precise device location through your IP address for security, regulation, and performance considerations. You can restrict what location information you provide to Ready Learner One through your device settings. When you attend an in-person event, we will have a record of your location while on the premises.
Applicant Data. When you apply for a position with Ready Learner One or our Subsidiaries, we collect some of your personal information. This information includes your name, address, social security number, birthday, and educational background.
Information From Other Sources. We may collect information from other sources such as sponsors for events in order to give you access to promotions or specific event information or from your school or employer if they register you for a course.
4. How We Collect Your Information
Information Collected Directly From You
Categories of Personal Information Collected From Third-Parties
We may collect information from third parties such as social media websites you link to, event co-sponsors, and credit card processing companies.
5. How We Use Your Information
Communications With Users. We may contact you by email or physical mail to inform you about events you have signed up for or orders you have made.
Marketing and Promotions. We use your contact information, including your email address and physical address, from time to time to send you marketing and promotional materials regarding our Services or other offerings. These materials include sponsored content or information on upcoming events or opportunities. You may opt-out of or change your preferences for marketing communications at any time by either clicking the “Unsubscribe” button within the communications or by emailing your request to email@example.com.
Technical Improvements. We use technical and usage information to improve our Services and make your experience with our Services more enjoyable, improve accuracy of information, reduce waiting times, improve product offerings, and to perform analytics on our Services.
6. Why We Collect and Use Your Information
We collect your information under the lawful bases of legitimate interest, consent, and contract. In order to provide you with the best experience on our Services, our legitimate interest is to collect your information to direct you to relevant seminars and trainings based on your previous courses or material related to your institution. We also collect what you allow us to collect, what you voluntarily provide, and what is necessary to fulfill our contracts with you. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you or your representative organization signs up for a membership (i.e. you are a teacher and your school registers you with our Services) with Ready Learner One or our affiliates, we collect and keep information on the basis of contract and will keep and use your information in order to execute our membership agreements or purchases with you.
7. Data Transfers
8. Sharing Your Information
We may share and disclose certain information in the following ways or for another purpose disclosed at the time of collection:
- With Your Consent. We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
- Change of Control. In the event of a business transaction whereby we or one of our subsidiaries or relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or a business reorganization.
- Service Providers. We may give our agents and service providers access to certain Information in order for them to help carry out the services they are performing for us, such as, but not limited to: creation, maintenance, hosting, and delivery of Ready Learner One, products, and services, conduct marketing, payment processing, email and order fulfillment, administer contests, conduct research and analytics, or customer service. We require service providers to protect the Information consistent with this Policy through contractual obligations.
- Business Partners and Third Parties. We may share your information with certain business partners, Subsidiaries, or Affiliates.
9. Your GDPR Rights Regarding Your Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you may have the following rights in regard to your personal data:
- The right to access. You have the right to be informed of all the personal information we hold on you.
- The right to information. You have a right to know why and how we collect your personal information.
- The right to object to or restrict processing. You have the right to opt-out of having your personal data processed or limit the processing of your personal data at any time.
- The right to correction. You have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal information we have on you.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request for us to delete any information we may hold on you.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request a copy of your data in a portable format.
To exercise any of the above rights, please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com with your request in the subject line.
Ready Learner One has the right to refuse to honor your request to delete any of your Personal Data if it is necessary to (1) exercise the right of freedom of expression and information; (2) to comply with any legal obligation that may require processing of your Personal Data; (3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health; (4) for archiving purposes in the public interest; (5) scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes; (6) or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Ready Learner One may also refuse to delete or delay deleting information if it is necessary to carry out a contract we have with you.
Ready Learner One does not use your Personal Data to make any automated decisions about you.
10. Confidentiality and Security
Ready Learner One takes your privacy concerns very seriously and protects your information by appropriate technology, policies, and procedures to prevent unauthorized use, access, disclosure, modification, copying or destruction, and to maintain integrity. We protect your information both online and offline. We only process your Personal Data fairly and lawfully after receiving your consent and we do not use your Personal Data in any manner inconsistent or incompatible with the purposes for which Ready Learner One collects the information. Ready Learner One may retain your personally identifiable information as long as there is a business requirement, or if otherwise required under applicable laws.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure. Ready Learner One takes measures including encryption and tokenization. While Ready Learner One uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Third-Party Services
Categories of Third-Parties With Whom We May Share Your Information
Third parties we may occasionally share your information with include financial services companies, business partners, co-sponsors, event hosts, analytics services, email service providers, event management software, point of sale management software, customer relationship management software, and cloud service providers.
12. Your California Rights
As a California resident, you have additional rights given to you by the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA). The CCPA applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a California consumer or household (“California Information”). Your general rights in regard to California Information include:
- The right to delete your California Information
- The right to request disclosure about our data collection
- The right to opt-out of processing your data
- The right to access your data
- The right to equal services and prices
- The right to not have your California Information sold
- The Selling of Your Personal Data
Ready Learner One does not sell your Personal Data at this time, but you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your information not be sold in the future should our practices regarding selling data ever change.
Requesting Disclosure. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that Ready Learner One provide information to you about our practices related to disclosure of your Personal Data to particular third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can send requests for such disclosure to email@example.com (with the subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights”). We do not currently sell your information for direct marketing purposes.
As a California resident, you may also request more specific information like:
- The categories and specific pieces of your California Information that we have collected
- The categories of sources from which we collect California Information
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold California Information
- The categories of third parties with which we share California Information
- The categories of third parties to which we have sold California Information and the categories of California Information sold to each third party
- The categories of California Information that we have shared with service providers who provide services for us, like processing your payments
No Discrimination. Ready Learner One is committed to honoring your California rights. As such, you will never be denied or charged different prices or rates for either goods or services or provided with differing levels of quality of goods or services, should you choose to enforce your California rights.
Ready Learner One, LLC
161 Parkview Place
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
When you visit our website or use our app, we will request to store a small text file on your computer, called a cookie. Cookies allow us to remember certain information about you so that we may recognize you when you return to our website. It remembers information like language preferences or log-in information. The cookies we set on your device are first-party cookies, whereas third-party cookies are cookies that we may store on your computer that originate from a domain other than ours. We may use third-party cookies for advertising or marketing purposes. Below, you can read about all the specific cookies we use, the purposes for the cookies, and information on how to manage your cookie preferences.
Types of Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Some cookies we use are essential for our website to function. These cookies cannot be deactivated.
These cookies include PHPSESSID session cookies that assigns you a user id during your session. This cookie is deleted at the end of the session when all browser windows are closed.
We use certain cookies to improve the performance of our Services. We measure site traffic and count visits through performance cookies, allowing us to learn how users navigate our site and what pages may need some changes.
We use some cookies to make features on our site function. For example, we use Twitter cookies to allow you to see embedded tweets on our website.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
We use certain cookies to recognize you as a user and your preferences so that we may occasionally advertise to you on other platforms.
You can control cookies both through our own cookie consent mechanism and through your browser settings. Your browser may have settings that allow you to disable cookies. You can also delete cookies that were previously placed on your device through your browser.